How long do I have to be on the island before I can get married?
There is no minimum stay and it is possible to get married the same day as you arrive on the island.
What are the documents we must have to travel to Barbados to wed?
Valid Passports or the original or certified copies of the applicants' birth certificates;
- If either party was married previously and widowed , a certified copy of the marriage certificate and death certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
- If either party was divorced, an original decree absolute or a certified copy of Final Judgment, not decree Nisi.
- All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
How do I get the license?
Application for a marriage license must be made by both parties in person, at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs in Bridgetown (Tel: 246-228-8950). Transfers and the cost of the marriage license are included in the Little Arches wedding package.
How much does it cost?
- Bds$200.00 cash and a $25.00 stamp*
Separate fees are payable to the Court and to the Magistrate in respect of civil marriage ceremonies.
- On the Beach - Bds$350.00*
- At the Court - Bds$250.00*
*This cost is included in the Little Arches wedding package.
What are the prerequisite arrangements?
Arrangements should be made with a Marriage Officer (a Magistrate or a Minister of religion authorized to be a Marriage Officer) prior to the completion of an application form for the license. A letter from the Marriage Officer who has consented to perform the marriage ceremony should be presented at the time of filing the application. Little Arches Hotel arranges this for you as part of the wedding package.
Are there any further restrictions?
Both parties must be older than sixteen (16) years. Couples between ages of sixteen (16) and eighteen (18) must have consent of both parents and their parents must be present at the time of application.