What To Do
• Windsurfing and kitesurfing mecca at Silver Sands is close by, a treat for spectators too during the winter season months, occasionally major festival events are hosted.
• Water sports and scuba diving is available on the South Coast nearby and can be arranged from the property.
• Championship golf at Barbados Golf Club is located 1.5 miles from the property. Little Arches is the closest hotel to this links-style course. The club will organize preferred tee-times for hotel guests at special rates.
• The hotel is a short stroll to Oistins fishing village. Catch a glimpse of local life as a fisherman in the West Indies. Oistins fish-fry is a famous Friday night attraction; the village is alive with the sound of calypso and reggae, the smell of fresh fish pan-frying and the noisy conversation of Bajans playing dominoes or socialising in one of the many wooden rum shops. Green turtles can even be observed from the fishing pier in Oistins.
• Oistins Village offers a supermarket, a bank, pharmacy, gas station and local eateries.
• Little Arches is ideally situated only 3 miles from the dining and nightlife area of St Lawrence Gap. Enjoy an array of diverse menus and island ambience by the sea —with meals accompanied by healthy portions of jazz, calypso, steel drums and pop music venues.
• St. Lawrence Gap the official web site www.thegapbarbados.com provides up-to-date details of nightly entertainment. Read more here about the lively atmosphere at Café Sol Mexican Grill.
• Harrison's Cave a natural phenomenon, unique to the tropical world. Tram transport takes you down through the underground tunnels to a sight so beautiful, that few can compare. Located in the center of the island, a self-drive itinerary can be arranged at the hotel.
• Within the Scotland District National Park on the East Coast is located what many would consider the most picturesque scenery on the island. The original Rain Forest of Mahogany and Bearded Fig Trees, from which Barbados was given its name is here. A horseback riding adventure to a deserted East Coast beach can be arranged by the hotel.